The sun has begun to shine here in Minnesota. February was very cold with below average temperatures all month. March has brought the sun and highs up into the 60’s. Daphne has been enjoying our early Spring. Lots of long walks and sunning herself in the living room by our south-facing window.
Our faithful boxer Daphne is turning 10 today. Here are 10 things that we love about you Daphne…
10. You enjoy going for walks and get excited anytime you hear the noise made from your collar and leash getting taken out of the drawer.
9. You love to play fetch with tennis balls in the backyard.
8. You love to play fetch in the basement with your squeaky bone.
7. You love to play. Period.
6. You love peanut butter. As soon as I pull the jar out of the cupboard and start twisting the cap off you come running into the kitchen hoping for a taste. Despite your very adorable face, your begging doesn’t always work.
5. You are a wonderful guard dog and are very protective. You bark when someone is outside the house, at the door or when the kids get too wild in the house.
4. You are always excited to see us when we get home.
3. Your favorite thing to do in the morning is wake up Sophia for school. You howl, wag your tail and tap her with your paws to get her out of bed.
2. Your favorite thing to do at night is have your bed moved into Sebastian’s room before he goes to sleep. You get comfy and don’t want to leave. We think it is because Sebastian has the warmest room in the house. Sebastian thinks it’s because of him. He is probably right.
1. We are so glad that we adopted you 5 1/2 years ago. You made our family complete.